Healing Hub Programs Assistant
Employee Category: Part-time
Hours: 25-30 Hours per week (flexible); 3pm-8pm weekdays with some Weekend availability
Pay: $14 - $17 per hour (based on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
About Us: Detroit Heals Detroit exists to foster healing justice for Detroit youth in which they are able to transform their pain into power. With a goal to combat trauma, we use healing centered engagement to share our greatest vulnerabilities with the rest of the world while simultaneously working to dismantle oppressive systems for marginalized Detroit youth. We are looking for an programs assistant to help coordinate programming at our Youth-led Healing Hub. You must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and work with youth people. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
- Report to Healing Hub Director
- Daily supervision and evaluation of youth participants
- Directs daily activity schedule at Hub
- Coordinate & support all Healing Hub Initiatives
- Communicates programming needs, and supply requests to the Director.
- Maintain superior communication with staff and parents
- Ensure the safety and well being of participants by providing high quality risk management at all times.
- Experience working with young people
- Experience building strategy with a range of stakeholders including external partners, members, and staff
- Experience program design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience in healing justice, youth organizing, transformative justice and other community safety approaches
- Proven experience as program assistant or other assistant position
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please attach your detailed CV and a cover letter, outlining your interest in this position and why you would be a good fit. Please note that the cover letter is considered an important aspect of the application and will be evaluated against the qualifications above. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Detroit Heals Detroit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Thank you for your commitment to mission-driven work!